8-4. OVERHAUL OF TURBINE ASSEMBLY.
a. Disassembly (cont)
(15) Remove turbine backshroud (21) and shim
set (22), if present, from diffuser (2). Measure and
record thickness of shim set, if present .
(16) Remove piston ring (23)
jackscrews to remove.
(17) Remove screws (24), key lockwashers (25),
and diffuser cap (26) Discard key washers
(18) Remove wave washer (27) and shim set
(28) from diffuser (2) Measure and record thickness of
shim set Discard wave washer.
(19) Remove labyrinth seal (29) from back of
(20) Remove retaining ring (30), oil passage
plug (31), and performed packing (32) from diffuser (2)
Discard performed packing.
(21) Remove compressor wheel (33) on shaft as
(22) On front of compressor Inlet housing (3),
remove lockwire, bolts (34) and washers (35)
(23) Install two jackscrews In opposite bolt holes
of compressor inlet housing (3) Tap jack-screws lightly to
free bearing housing (36) from inlet housing. Remove
(24) Remove shim set (37) and tab washer (38)
Measure and record thickness of shim set.
(25) Remove preformed packing (39). Discard
(26) Place bearing housing (36) in fabricated
tool (FT-21498, Figure 8-10) and secure
(27) Using fabricated tool (FT-21583), remove
bearing retainer nut.
(28) Remove bearing housing from fabricated
(29) Remove bearing (41, Figure 8-6)) from
bearing housing If necessary, heat bearing housing with
soft flame to free bearing.
8-24 Change 4