MARINE CORPS TM 6115-34/8
OVERHAUL OF TURBINE ASSEMBLY.
c. Inspection. (cont)
(10) Refer to table 8-3. Perform
(24) Inspect oil passage for wear
nondestructive test on turbine wheel.
or erosion of orifice.
(11) Check dimensions of turbine
(25) Inspect compressor wheel for
wheel in accordance with table 1-1.
cracks, nicks, dings, erosion, bent
(12) Check dimensions of bearing
and for evidence of foreign
journal in accordance with table 1-1.
(26) Inspect compressor wheel
(13) Check for smooth bearing
shaft for worn or stripped threads,
rotation in bearing journal.
cracks, and scoring.
(14) Check bearing journal for out
(27) Check that Metco 101 spray is
of round and undersize in accordance
intact on labyrinth seal on compressor
with table 1-1.
wheel and that no knives are split or
(15) Check dimensions of labyrinth
seals in accordance with table 1-1.
(28) Refer to table 8-3. Perform
(16) Check that Metco 101 spray is
nondestructive test on compressor wheel
intact on labyrinth seals and that no
knives are split or damaged.
(29) Inspect bearing housing for
(17) Inspect turbine backshroud
internal and external damage,
for nicks, cracks, burrs, and erosion.
(18) Check dimensions of turbine
(30) Check dimensions of bearing
housing in accordance with table 1-1.
backshroud in accordance with table 1-1.
(31) Refer to table 8-3. Perform
(19) Inspect diffuser for cracked
nondestructive test on bearing housing.
or broken vanes and erosion.
(32) Inspect compressor inlet
(20) Inspect diffuser vanes for
housing for cracks, nicks, scoring,
nicks or scratches deeper than 0.0005
damaged threads, and signs of compressor
inch (0.0013 cm).
(33) Check threaded areas of
(21) Refer to table 8-3. Perform
compressor inlet housing for damage.
nondestructive test on diffuser.
(34) Refer to table 8-3. Perform
(22) Check dimensions of diffuser
nondestructive test on compressor inlet
in accordance with table 1-1.
(35) Check dimensions of compres-
(23) Inspect oil pasasge to ensure
sor inlet housing in accordance with
it is free of obstruction.