MARINE CORPS TM 6115-34/8
OVERHAUL OF TURBINE ASSEMBLY.
To prevent subsequent problems with
components, use caution in cleaning
so as not to remove evidence of
Inspect both before and
(1) Steam clean oil supply and oil
(2) Soak in soap solution and
steam clean oil supply, oil drain, and
fuel drain fittings.
(3) Soak in soap solution and
steam clean bleed air connector.
(4) Soak in soap solution and
steam clean bolts (6, figure 8-6).
(5) Soak turbine nozzle in soap
and carbon removal compound (MIL-C-
To prevent damage to the turbine
wheel, no abrasive blasting is
(6) Hand clean turbine wheel with
bristle brush in alcohol.
backshroud with P-D-680 Type I solvent.
(8) Vapor degrease, chemically
clean with P-D-680 Type I solvent, and
steam clean diffuser.
(9) Chemically clean with P-D-680
Type I solvent and steam clean com-
(10) Vapor degrease and steam
clean bearing housing.
(11) Chemically clean with P-D-680
and vapor degrease
compressor inlet housing.
(1) Inspect bolts (6, figure 8-6)
for cracking, stretching, distortion,
necking, and damaged threads.
bolt heads for hollows. Refer to table
8-3 and perform nondestructive test on
(2) Inspect turbine nozzle for
nicks, scratches, and erosion damage at
(3) Visually check turbine nozzle
for cracks, signs of turbine wheel rub,
warps, or other visible damage.
(4) Refer to table 8-3. Perform
nondestructive test on turbine nozzle.
(5) Check dimensions of turbine
nozzle in accordance with table 1-1.
(6) Check all shims for distortion
(7) Inspect turbine wheel for
cracks and broken, missing, or cracked
(8) Inspect turbine wheel shaft
for worn or stripped threads, cracks,
(9) Check internal splines of
turbine wheel for wear and damage. Refer
to table 1-1 for acceptable wear limits.