MARINE CORPS TM 6115-34/8
8-5. OVERHAUL OF GEARBOX ASSEMBLY.
(7) At rear of engine, remove
capscrews (1, figure 8-17), lockwashers
(2), and rear spacer (3) to separate
engine from rear engine support (4).
engine support assembly as a unit from
the generator set in accordance with
See figure 8-17.
(8) Remove lockwire, nuts (5),
and washers (6) that secure compressor
inlet housing (7) to gearbox assembly
(2) Suspend engine and gearbox (8).
assembly in disassembly fixture.
table 8-2 for mounting dimensions of
(9) Remove engine (9) from
gearbox assembly (8).
For ease of disassembly,
(11) Remove capscrews (12) and
fixture should be able to rotate
lockwashers (13) to free front engine
supports (10) from each side of gearbox.
(12) Remove gearbox assembly (8).
4-30b, TM 5-6115-612-12).
(4) Remove generator (paragraph
(5) Insert block of wood (1 inch
x 2 inches x 4 Inches) between gearbox
housing and engine support assembly and
under compressor inlet housing.
oil supply tube (1, figure 8-5), oil
drain tube (2), and fuel drain line (3).