Figure 4-47. Tach-Generator, Relief Value and 0G1 Filter Replacement (TS 6115-590-12/4-47}
(1) Install replacement switch assembly on
engine using new packing. Secure switch assembly to
engine with attaching washers and nuts. Tighten nuts
(2) Reconnect wiring harness connector to
Adjustment. Refer to paragraph 4-14e (6) for
adjustment procedures for the switch assembly.
Acceleration Control Thermostat
(1) Hold flats on thermostat valve (fig. 4-49)
with a wrench and remove tube assembly.
(2) Remove one attaching bolt and washer,
retainer plate and shim washers. Remove thermostat
from turbine plenum flange.
(3) Remove thermostat valve and packing from
(1) Install satisfactory or replacement valve in
thermostat body. Tighten valve securely.
(2) Install replacement thermostat in plenum
flange with side stamped "AFT" facing toward rear or
(3) Install washers (shims) as required for an
0.010 to 0.020 inch pinch between retainer plate and
mounting boss, then install retainer plate.
(4) Coat threads of attaching bolt with a film of
compound (Fel-Pro C-5), then install washer and coated
bolt. Tighten bolt to 50 to 70 inch-pound torque.
(5) Hold flats on thermostat valve with a wrench
and connect tube assembly. Tighten tube assembly to
150 inch-pounds torque.
(6) Check controlling temperature and adjust as
required in accordance with paragraph 4-14e (1).
Plenum Drain Valve
Removal. Remove tube assembly, then remove
drain valve (fig. 4-49) and packing from turbine
Installation. Install replacement drain valve in
turbine plenum with new packing. Install valve with
arrow pointing down. Tighten valve securely then
reconnect tube assembly.
Electrical Engine Starter
(1) Tag and remove wiring harness leads from
(2) Remove four attaching nuts and washers
and carefully remove starter and packing (fig. 4-43) in a
straight line from the engine. Discard packing.
(1) Install replacement starter on engine using
new packing. Use care to avoid damage to starter
pawls and engine jaw.
(2) Secure starter assembly with attaching
washers and nuts. Tighten nuts securely. Reconnect
wiring harness leads to starter terminals.