Figure 4-49. Acceleration Control Thermostat and Plenum Drain Value (TS 6115-590-12/4-49)
Fuel Combustion Chamber
(1) Remove tube assembly (fig. 4-50) from fuel
atomizer and electrical lead from igniter plug.
Do not remove igniter plug until it has
been grounded. The high tension lead
must be grounded as soon as it is
removed from the igniter plug. Ground
by touching the contact spring in the lead
to the igniter.
(2) Loosen screw in coupling and remove
combustion chamber liner, coupling, combustor cap
assembly and fuel atomizer assembly from turbine
(3) Slide coupling over end of combustion liner
and remove from engine.
(4) Remove igniter plug by removing attaching
bolts and washers.
(5) Remove three attaching bolts and washers
from fuel atomizer. Remove fuel atomizer and packing
from combustor cap.
(6) Remove liner and packing from combustor
Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Wash all parts except igniter plug in
approved cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly with
filtered compressed air. If necessary, remove carbon
deposits from atomizer nozzle using a soft bristled fiber
brush while directing filtered compressed air at
approximately 20 psig pressure into atomizer fuel inlet
port. Do not use a wire brush. Clean excessive carbon
deposits from liner with a wooden scraper or equivalent.
corrosion, damaged threads or other obvious damage.
Inspect fuel atomizer screen for clogging and breaks.
Inspect liner assembly for cracks and deformation in
accordance with figure 4-51.
(1) Install satisfactory or replacement liner
assembly into combustor cap being careful that the
igniter plug hole in the liner matches up with hole in the
(2) Install satisfactory or replacement fuel
atomizer assembly with new packing on combustor cap
and secure with three attaching washers and bolts.
Tighten bolts to 20 to 25 inch-pound torque.
(3) Install igniter plug and secure with attaching
washers and bolts.
(4) Slide coupling over end of liner and on to
combustor cap. Install cap with liner turbine plenum
using new packing. Tighten clamp securely.
(5) Reconnect tube assembly to fuel atomizer
using new packing and connect electrical lead to igniter
Upper and Lower Plenums and Heat Shields
Inspect upper and lower plenums and heat shields
for dents, cracks, corrosion, loose or missing mount- ing
hardware or other obvious damage.