INSPECT SECOND TURBINE NOZZLE, SPACER, CASE, AND BUMPER (AVIM) (Continued)
h. Inspect honeycomb seal (34) s follows:
(1) There shall be no circumferential cracks (35)
or voids in joint (36).
In following step, grooves referred to are
circumferential cuts in honeycomb seal material made
by four knife edges of the second turbine spacer as
the turbine rotates.
(2) There shall be no seal material broken
away so as to cause a gap (37) across all
four grooves (38) and also progressing
beyond first or last groove.
(3) There shall be no grooving (39) through to
base parent metal.
(4) There shall be no cracks (40) which are not
(5) There shall be no circumferential separation
(41) between seal element and parent metal.
GO TO NEXT PAGE