HOW TO USE THIS MANUAL (Continued)
(2) Some tasks are listed by the job to be done. The subjects or components are listed under
Accessory Gear Assembly (AVIM) . . . . . . . . . 5-8
Accessory Gearbox Assembly . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5-1
Air Diffuser Assembly (AVIM) . . . . . . . . . . . . 2-36
Anti-Icing Air Gallery Cover . : . . . . . . . . . . . . 2-14
Check over the index and see how it can work for you. It can make finding information easy.
R. Part Numbers. Part numbers are not listed in this manual except where absolutely needed for
clarity. You can find the part number you need in the Repair Parts and Special Tools List (RPSTL)
2. HOW TO FIND WHAT YOU NEED
A. General Information (Troubleshooting).
(1) Look at the "IN DEX." Find "Symptom Index." The "INDEX" gives the paragraph number
for the symptom index. Go to the Symptom Index.
(2) Find your symptom in the "Symptom Index." Next to the symptom is the page number of
the troubleshooting procedure that will help you solve your problem. Turn to the troubleshooting proce-
(3) Follow the troubleshooting procedure until you find the problem. The troubleshooting
procedure gives you the task number of the maintenance procedure needed to fix the engine. Turn to that
(4) Follow the maintenance procedure and complete all work. Check again and make sure you
are right. When the job is done, recheck that the trouble has been corrected.
B. Part Numbers. To find a part number go to the RPSTL (TM 55-2840-254-23P). Find the "How
To Locate Repair Parts" paragraph in the introduction. It will tell you how to find your part number.
C. Tasks. To find any task, use the "INDEX." Find the subject you want. The "INDEX" gives you
the task number you want.