1-107 TEST ENGINE (AVIM) (Continued)
Zero must repeat. If zero does not repeat, check for interference
g. Zero engine torquemeter indicator as follows:
(1) Turn off power and remove electrical cable connector from engine torque meter junction box and
install electrical cable assembly (T43) between junction box connector and cable connector.
(2) Apply power to engine torquemeter system and adjust indicator to zero.
The only time the indicator must read zero is when the shorting
cable is installed.
(3) Turn off power and remove cable assembly. Reconnect cable connector to junction box.
h. Position torque inverter switch to ON. Check that engine torque system inverter output is within pre-
scribed limits by depressing PRESS TO TEST switch.
Reading on output meter should be zero 10 units. A reading in
excess of 10 units either side of zero indicates a torquemeter inverter
problem. Corrective action must be taken.
(1) Disconnect flight harness lead from torquemeter junction box.
(2) Connect shorting jumper (LTCT10797) between junction box and aft deck console.
(3) Using potentiometer located on rear of torque indicator, adjust indicator to read zero percent.
(4) Remove shorting jumper and reconnect flight harness.
i. Check inlet housing for proper locking to engine stand; test trailer hardware; ensure freedom from
j. Check starter hydraulic pump system to ensure that pressure drop across hydraulic starter will not
exceed 3400 psig. Adjust pressure reguIator as required.
k. Position FUEL CONT and FUEL SOL switches to ON to pressurize fuel control.
l. Position N 1 master hydronic control in off (zero degree throttle position), then actuate START
switch. Without starting engine, crank engine to 13 percent N1 speed minimum, then deenergize
starter. Check that No. 2 bearing feed and oiI pump discharge pressure gages are indicating.
GO TO NEXT PAGE