1-88 CHECK FOR SEAL LEAKAGE (NO. 4 AND 5 BEARING) (AVIM) (Continued)
Oil level in filter bowl when tester is run-
ning should not be over one-half full. An
overfilled filter bowl will allow oil to get
into tester and cause damage.
14. Start seal leakage taster (T44) (18) and let it
run for one minute. Do not record reading at
If tester is ever shut down to drain oil
from bowl, test procedure must be re-
peated starting from step 13.
15. If filter bowl (25) is ever over half-full when
testing, shutdown tester and drain oil.
16. Shut down tester (T44) (18) and wait one
17. Start seal leakage tester (T44) (18) and let it
run for one minute. At end of one minute,
take reading on vacuum gage (22) while tester
is still running. Record reading.
18. Repeat steps 16. and 17.
19. If either recorded reading is 18 inches Hg. or
higher, the seals are acceptable. If seals are ac-
ceptable, do steps 21, a, thru o. and omit steps
21, p. thru x,
20. If both recorded readings are below 18 inches
Hg., rotate fourth stage power turbine rotor
clockwise one full revolution and repeat steps
13. thru 16.
21. If both readings are still below 18 inches Hg.,
proceed as follows:
GO TO NEXT PAGE