1-87 CHECK FOR SEAL LEAKAGE (N0. 2 BEARlNG PACKAGE) (AVlM) (Continued)
Oil level in filter bowl when tester is run-
ning should not be over one-half full. An
overfilled filter bowl will allow oil to get
into tester and cause damage.
8. Start seal leakage tester (T44) (6) and let it run
for one minute. Do not record reading at this
If tester is ever shut down to drain oil from
bowl, test procedure must be repeated
starting from step 8.
9. If filter bowl (16) is ever over half-full when
testing, shut down tester and drain oil.
10. Shut down tester (T44) (6) and wait one
11. Start seal leakage tester (T44) (6) and let it run
for one minute. At end of one minute, take
readings on vacuum gage (10) while tester is
still running. Record readings,
12. Repeat steps 10 and 11.
13. If either recorded gage reading is 18 inches Hg
or higher, the seals are acceptable. Omit the
following steps 14, 15, 16, and 17; proceed
with step 18.
14. If both recorded gage readings are below 18
15. Perform steps 8 thru 12. If readings are still
below 18 inches Hg., proceed as follows:
a. Repair air diffuser assembly (Ref. Task 2-40,
steps 1 thru 4).
16. Repeat steps 8 thru 13. If gage readings are
still below 18 inches Hg., proceed as follows:
GO TO NEXT PAGE