1-76 CHANGE FROM MIL-L-7808 TO MIL-L-23699 LUBRICATING OIL (Continued)
3. Service engine oil system with lubricating
4. Operate engine for 30 minutes to 1 hour after
engine reaches operating temperature (Ref.
dislodge carbon and lacquer deposits.
5. Shut down engine (Ref. TM 55-1520 -
6. Inspect main oil filter element. (Ref. Task
of oil filter element is noted, drain oil from
and proceed with steps 7. and 8.
7. Service engine oil system with new
8. Using marking Pencil (E34), mark engine to
indicate type of oil used. Release engine for
service and return to normal inspection
END OF TASK