1-27 ACTIVATE ENGINE AFTER STORAGE (Continued)
A new, overhauled, or long-term stor-
age engine is preserved and stored in a
shipping and storage container.
For fuel control priming, go to step 22.
1. Remove engine from Shipping and storage con-
2. Remove inlet cover (1) and exhaust cover (2)
from engine (3).
3. Install engine on test stand (Ref. TM 55-4920-
328-13) or airframe (Ref. TM 55-1520-240-23).
4. Remove spark igniters (Ref. Task 7-6).
Dry cleaning solvent (E17) is flammable
and toxic. It can irritate skin and cause
burns. Use only in well-ventilated area,
away from heat and open flame. In case
of contact, immediately flush skin or
eyes with water for at least 15 minutes.
Get medical attention for eyes.
5. Wear gloves (E20). Clean spark igniters (4) using
dry cleaning solvent (E17) and brush.
6. Inspect spark igniters (4).
a. There shall be no cracks or gouges in shank
b. There shall be no chips or cracks in ceramic
c. Pin (7) shall not be bent or broken.
GO TO NEXT PAGE