1-26 REMOVE ENGINE FROM SHIPPING AND STORAGE CONTAINER (Continued)
22. Remove five desiccant bags (E16) (33).
23. Remove dirt and other debris from inside of
base assembly (16). Use vacuum cleaner.
24. Place brackets, clamp, bolts, washers and nuts,
removed in previous-steps 14, 15, 16, 17, 18,
and 20 in bottom of shipping container.
25. Remove sealing gasket (34).
26. Inspect sealing gasket (34). There shall be no
material missing, breakage or foreign material
stuck to gasket.
27. Inspect gasket mating surface for rust or for-
eign material. If rust or foreign material is
found clean flange surface (35) as follows:
a. Clean surface (35) on all four sides of base
assembly (16). Use wire brush.
out. Use half round file.
GO TO NEXT PAGE