7-14 REPLACE SEAL ASSEMBLY (AVIM) (CONT)
1. Clean seal bore of gearbox housing
using machinery towel (D20) and dry
cleaning solvent (D35).
Avoid handling seal assembly
(1) by its carbon sealing sur-
face or damage may occur to
the seal assembly.
2. Apply a thin coat of lubricating oil
(D16) to seal assembly (1) and gear-
box housing bore.
Position seal assembly (1) in gear-
box housing seal bore.
4. Assemble jack screw (2), jack nut
(3), support bridge (4), guide (5)
and swivel (6), then install onto
studs of generator mounting pad se-
curing with MS21044N6 or equivalent
5. Turn jack screw (2) down until guide
(5) makes contact with seal assembly
(1) and engages splined adapter of
Seal assembly (1) installation
is different depending on
gearbox assembly dash number.
Determine which gearbox assem-
bly is being worked by the APU
6. (3805029-1) Press seal assembly (1)
into gearbox assembly only deep
enough to allow installation of re-
taining ring (7).
7. (3805029-2) Press seal assembly (1)
into gearbox assembly until it bot-
toms out in seal bore.
8. Remove adapter kit (T6) (8) from
Secure seal assembly (1) to gearbox
assembly using retaining ring (7).