- Item procured and stocked for antici-
pated or known usage.
- Item procured and stocked for insur-
ance purpose because essentiality dic-
tates that a minimum quantity be avail-
able in the supply system.
- Item procured
and stocked and which
o t h e r w i s e would be coded PA except
t h a t i t i s d e t e r i o r a t i v e i n n a t u r e.
- Support item, excluding support equip-
ment, procured f o r i n i t i a l i s s u e or
outfitting and stocked only for sub-
sequent, or additional initial issues
Not subject to auto-
- Support equipment procured and stocked
for initial issue or
o u t f i t t i n g to
a c t i v i -
t i e s.
which will not be
stocked but which will be centrally
produced on demand.
- Item procured and stocked to provide
for sustained support for the life of
It is applied to an
item peculiar to the equipment which,
because of probable discontinuance or
would prove uneconomical to reproduce
at a later time.
- An item of a depot overhaul/repair kit
and not purchased separately.
kit defined as a kit that provides
items required at the time of overhaul
- An item of a maintenance kit and not
defined as a kit that provides an item
that can be replaced at organizational
or intermediate levels of maintenance.
- Item included in both a depot overhaul
kit and a maintenance kit.
- Item to be manufactured or fabricated
at the organizational level.