MARINE CORPS TM 6115-34/8
2-6. GENERATOR REMOVAL AND INSTAL-
clockwise to lock on mounting studs.
(4) Torque nuts (12) to 160-190
inch pounds (18.1-21.5 Nm). Bottom two
nuts do not require torque.
(6) Carefully place oil filler/
breather and support bracket (11) in
and nuts (8).
225-300 inch pounds (25-33.9 Nm).
(7) Remove protective cap.
nect oil filler tube (7) to breather
and secure with hose clamp (6).
(8) Remove tag and connect elec-
trical connector to speed sensor (20).
(9) Install oil level gage and
filler cap (5) hand tight.
(10) Connect oil filler/breather
vent tube (18) and oil return line (19)
to breather assembly.
electrical connections to positive (+)
and negative (-) stud connectors (1,2).
access cover and secure with turnlock
(14) Connect battery cable plug
connector to battery.
ENGINE AND GEARBOX REMOVAL AND
(1) Set handbrake and chock both
To prevent injury, ensure that
performing maintenance on elec-
(2) Disconnect battery cable plug
connector from battery.
(3) Loosen turnlock fasteners and
remove engine housing access cover.
(4) Tag and disconnect electrical
connection from speed sensor (7, figure
(5) Remove oil filler/breather
assembly and support bracket (paragraph
2-6a, steps 1-11).
electrical connections to generator.
(7) Disconnect fuel line (1) from
fuel manifold connection (2).
(8) Loosen turnlock fasteners
and remove plenum access cover.
To prevent damage, exhaust nozzle
must be supported during engine
Failure to do so could
place support (block of wood or other
sturdy material) under exhaust nozzle.