ARMY TM 5-6115-612-34
MARINE CORPS TM 6115-34/8
12-2. TORSION AXLE ASSEMBLY. (cont )
b. Installation (cont)
(1) Set handbrake and chock both
(3) On underside of generator
(2) Loosen nut (1, figure 12-2).
set, install capscrews (2), washers (3)
and self-locking nuts (1).
(4) Torque capscrews to 75-84
foot pounds (101.7-113.0 Nm).
To prevent injury, do not attempt
(5) Remove supports from torsion
to lift front of generator set
with less than two persons.
assemblies in accordance with paragraph
(3) Raise generator set and block
4-94d, TM 5-6115-612-12. Make sure all
under fuel tank.
brake lines are connected.
(4) Remove nut (1), bolt (2), and
(7) Install wheels in accordance
with paragraph 4-92, TM 5-6115-612-12.
(5) Remove nuts (4), capscrews
(5), and washers (6) to separate swivel
Lift generator set and
caster assembly from generator set.
Lower generator set.
(6) Remove set screw (7) from
(9) Connect battery cable plug
Slide fork (8) out of
connector to battery.
swivel head (13).
Remove collar (9)
from swivel head.
(10) Stow power cable on cable
(7) Remove hinge pin (10), handle
(11), and spring (12) from frame
(11) Tighten lug nuts on wheels
to 580 inch pounds (65.53 Nm).
(8) Remove grease fitting (15)
(12) Release handbrake.
from swivel head (13).
12-3. SHIVEL CASTER ASSEMBLY.
assembly by replacing worn and damaged
(1) Install grease fitting (15)
in swivel head (13).
To prevent injury, ensure that
handbrake is set and both wheels
(2) Anne swivel head mounting
are chocked to prevent accidental
hole with mounting hole in frame
movement of generator set during
Secure with hinge pin