8-5. OVERHAUL OF GEARBOX ASSEMBLY.
bearings are property installed.
To prevent damage, do not install different styles
of bearings on the same shaft.
(14) Using bearing installation tool, fabricated
tool FT-21324, and arbor press, ensure that generator
shouldered shaft is seated into output spur gear (47) and
bearing (46) See Figure 8-24.
Remove gearbox housing from fabricated tool (FT-
(15) Install gearbox in fabricated tool FT-21343
(16)Install fabricated tool (FT-21322, ) output
shaft torque tool, and secure to generator shouldered
shaft (43, Figure 8-20) with two speed nuts.
(17) On nut (45) spray fast cure primer.
Spread threadlocking compound evenly on threads.
(18) Place key washer (44) an nut (45) on shaft
Using fabricate tool (FT-21369) and torque wrench,
torque nut to 600 ±50 Inch pounds (67 8 +5.7 Nm) See
Figure 8-21 Work torque within limits to aline slots on
nut to tabs on key washer.
(19) Bend key washer tab into slot on nut.
Remove output shaft torque tool (FT-21322).
(20) Spray bearings (46 and 48, Figure 8-20)
with alcohol Dry bearings with low pressure air and
relubricate bearings with clean engine oil.
(24) Lubricate preformed packings with silicone
grease or petrolatum (VV-P236A) and install as follows:
Packing (61) and breather adapter
Packing (20.1) into tube assembly
Packing (20.2 and 32) into tube
Packing (29 and 31) into tube as-
(e)Packing (34) into plate spacer (33)
Work tube assembly (17) into position Form
tube assembly stackup (28) by placing tube assembly
(35) and plate spacer (33) under tube assembly (17).On
top of tube assembly (17) place tube assembly (30) and
tube assembly (25).
Change 4 8-55