MARINE CORPS TM 6115-34/8
6-4. SOLENOID VALVE.
(13) If solenoid valve operates
install in accordance with
paragraph 4-42c, TM 5-6115-612-12.
(1, figure 6-8) and washers (2).
(4) Remove shrink tube.
Remove electric receptacle connector.
To prevent damage or loss of
parts, use care when separating
solenoid housing from valve body.
(7) Carefully separate solenoid
housing (7) and valve body (21).
and solenoid plunger (11) from
(9) Carefully pull housing tube
(12) out of solenoid housing.
(10) Remove solenoid coil (14)
from housing tube.
from valve seat (16).
(12) Apply low pressure air to
inlet port until O-ring on top of valve
seat (16) is visible.
Pull valve seat
out of valve body.
(14) Remove lower poppet (18),
and poppet housing (20)
from valve body (21).
replacing damaged parts or lapping and
polishing the poppets and seats.
(1) Ensure that poppet housing
(20) is snug against bottom of valve
(2) Install spring (19) and lower
poppet (18) in poppet sleeve.
(3) Lightly lubricate new O-rings
(17) and install on valve seat (16).
(4) Press valve seat firmly into
valve body until
it is snug against
into valve seat until it rests on lower
housing tube (12).
(13) and install
solenoid coil (14) in
lubricate new O-ring
in housing tube.
(RTV-157) to surfaces of valve body and
housing tube as shown in figure 6-9.