MARINE CORPS TM 6115-24P/1
HOW TO LOCATE REPAIR PARTS.
(ALL) When National Stock Number or Reference Is Unknown:
(1) Using the table of contents,
determine the functional group (i.e.,
Frame and Housing, Ignition System,
Lubrication System) within which the repair
This is necessary since Illustrations are prepared for functional
groups, and listings are divided into the same groups.
(2) Find the illustration covering the functional group to which the
repair part belongs.
(3) Identify the repair part on the illustration and note the illustration
figure and item number of the repair part.
(4) Using the Repair Parts Listing,
find the figure and Item number noted
on the Illustration.
(ALL) When National Stock Number or Reference Number Is Known:
(1) Using the National Stock Number and Reference Number Index (Section
IV), find the pertinent national stock number or reference number.
This Index is
in ascending NSN sequence followed by a list of reference numbers in alphanumeric
sequence, cross-referenced to the illustration figure number and item number.
(2) After finding the figure and item number, locate the figure and item
number in the Repair Parts List (Section II).
6. USE OF THE REFERENCE DESIGNATOR INDEX SECTION.
This section (Section V) is
used when the reference designator is known or identified by other technical
manuals supporting this
The reference number is given in this
If description or action is desired,
note the figure and item number.
Turn to Section II to the noted figure and item number. The location of the part
and description is given in this listing.
American Hire Gage
corrosion resistant steel