MARINE CORPS TM 6115-12/7
SERVICE UPON RECEIPT OF EQUIPMENT
shall be uncrated,
inspected, and ser-
viced in accordance with the following
(1) Cut and remove steel band-
Carefully disassemble or lift top
portion of crate from generator set.
(2) Remove all
ioning, blocking, and bracing material
away from generator set.
(3) Remove blocking and attaching
hardware anchoring generator set to
(4) Remove all sealing tape. Open
all access doors and covers. Remove all
desiccants, packings, and barriers from
inside all compartments.
The generator set shall be
inspected for damage, disconnections,
and missing parts.
See figures 1-1 and
1-2 for locations.
(1) Raise control
Inspect control panel for evi-
dence of cracked and broken instruments
and controls. All gage readings except
hourmeter should be at zero. Hourmeter
show number of test hours on
(2) Loosen turnlock fasteners and
open control panel.
Ensure that all
and terminal strip.
and discard all desiccant, packing, and
Close and secure control
(3) Remove power cable from cable
support assembly and inspect cable for
output connector for damage.
(4) Unlatch and open fuel housing
Secure door in open posi-
Inspect fuel system lines and
components for damage.
fuel lines are tight.
Close and se-
curely latch fuel housing access door.
(5) Inspect battery for damage.
(6) Unlatch and open inlet air
housing access door.
Secure door in
(7) Check air baffle, air filter
and air inlet louvers for damage and
lines, fittings, wiring, and connectors
Close and securely latch
inlet air housing access door.
(8) Stow power cable on cable
(9) Ensure that exhaust door is
free of obstruction.
and remove engine housing access cover.