A R MY
MARINE CORPS TM 6115-12/7
FRAME AND HOUSING. (cont)
(1) Check for dents, holes, war-
page, and cracks.
(2) Check battery holding area
for corrosion from battery acid.
(3) Ensure that all bolts and
fasteners are tight.
(1) Visually inspect length
battery cable for cracks, abrasions
(2) Check battery cable connector
for damaged knob, cracks in case, dam-
aged threads, and loose connections.
(3) Ensure that female contacts
are securely in place and undamaged.
(1) Inspect casing
broken caps, and corrosion.
(2) Check electrolyte
To prevent injury, ensure that
(b) Loosen nuts and washers and
remove battery holddowns.
(c) Remove battery cover and
(d) Add distilled water to fill
battery up to vent filler slots.
Ensure that battery is secure.
(g) Connect battery cable plug
(1) Remove dust cap.
(2) Check for loose mounting.
for damaged contact
pins and foreign material.
(4) Inspect receptacle body for
cracks, dents, and corrosion.
(5) Install dust cap.