MARINE CORPS TM 6115-12/7
FUEL INJECTION NOZZLES.
(2) Loosen turnlock fasteners and
remove engine housing access cover.
(3) Remove lockwire, bolts (1,
figure 4-30), washers (2), and spacers
(3) so that fuel manifold (4) can be
(4) Remove loop clamps (5) from
fuel line only if damaged.
(5) Disconnect fuel manifold (4)
from fuel injection nozzles (6).
(6) Remove lockwire, bolts (7),
washers (8), and fuel injection nozzles
(6) from nozzle covers (9).
(7) Remove atomizers (10) from
fuel Injection nozzles (6).
nozzles for wear and damage.
if excessively worn or damaged.
(2) Inspect orifice in atomizer
(10) for damage and carbon deposits.
(1) Soak parts in P-D-680 to
remove dirt and grease.
Refer to table
3-1 for approved compound for carbon
r e m o v a l.
To prevent damage, do not use
wire brush or abrasive material.
(2) Use soft-bristled brush to
Compressed air used for cleaning
or drying can create airborne
Pressure shall not exceed
protection to prevent injury.
(3) Dry parts thoroughly with
atomizers (10) in
fuel injection nozzles (6). Torque to
85-95 inch pounds (9.6-10.8 Nm).
(2) Install fuel
nozzles into nozzle covers.
engine with washers (8) and bolts (7).
Torque to 20-25 inch pounds (2.3-2.8
Lockwire with 0.032 inch (0.081m)
(3) Connect fuel manifold (4) to
fuel injection nozzles (6).
(4) Position loop clamps (5), if
removed, on fuel manifold (4).
(5) Position fuel manifold (4)
Secure with washers
and bolts (1).
Torque to 10-15
pounds (1-1.7 Nm).
(6) Install engine housing access
(7) Connect battery cable plug
connector to battery.