Figure 2-6. Conditioned Air Temperature Control Panel (TS 6115-590-12/2-6).
z. Heated Air System Temperature Control (No. 2
(1) Description. An electronic thermostat control,
connected to thermistor-temperature-sensitive elements
in the return air ducts.
(2) Purpose. Provides progressive adjustment of the
heated air output temperature, within the heating range
selected by the heat range select switch, from the No. 2
heated air system. Lowers the output temperature when
temperature when rotated clockwise.
aa. Panel Illumination Lamp.
(1) Description. A hooded filament type lamp,
adjustable for directing the illumination on the panel.
(2) Purpose. Illuminates the conditioned air system
temperature control panel for night operations. The
lamp is energized by the panel light switch (fig. 2-4).
2-6. 60 Hz Electrical System Controls and
Instruments (fig. 2-7)
The 60 Hz electrical system controls and instruments
are located on the instrument panel. The description,
purpose, and function of the 60 Hz electrical system
controls and instruments for the power unit 60 Hz
electrical system are described as follows:
a. Frequency Meter.
(1) Description. A vibrating reed type meter calibrated
to indicate 58 to 62 hertz per second in one hertz
(2) Purpose. To indicate the output frequency of the 60
Hz electrical system.
(3) Indication. Normal indication during operation is 60
Hz per second. No indication is shown when not
b. AC Ammeter.
(1) Description. Dial pointer gauge, calibrated to
indicate percent of rated current. The dial is