4-48 INSPECT FOURTH STAGE POWER TURBINE NOZZLE (AVIM) (Continued)
b. Inspect inner shroud to vane brazements (5)
and outer shroud to vane brazements (6as
(1) Determine peg area of vanes (7) Measure 1
inch in from leading edge (8) and 1.4 inches in
from trailing edge (9) at brazements (5 and 6)
Vane peg area is between measurements.
(2) Inspect brazements (5) in peg area.Total
length of all cracks in all brazements (5) in peg
area shall not be more than 1.25 inches.
(3) Inspect brazements (6) in peg area.Total
length of all cracks in all brazements (6) in peg
area shall not be more than 1.50 inches.
c. Inspect areas around bolt holes (10,11, and 12)
(1) There shall be no more than one crack starting
from any one hole
(2) There shall be no cracks which could result in
(3) There shall be at least one hole without cracks
separating holes with cracks
GO TO NEXT PAGE