Measuring receiver phase
modulation indications (rad)
(5) Perform steps (a) through (c) below for each row in table 21.
(a) Press ENTRY FREQ and enter DATA carrier frequency.
(b) Press SHIFT - ΦM and enter DATA rad.
(c) Using audio analyzer, measure the audio distortion. Distortion will indicate
within limits specified.
Table 21. Audio Distortion
at 1 kHz Modulation Frequency
(6) Press RF OFF/ON pushbutton to OFF.
(7) Disconnect measuring receiver from TI OUTPUT RF.
b. Adjustments. No adjustments can be made.
a. Performance Check
(1) Connect TI OUTPUT MOD to audio analyzer INPUT HIGH.
(2) Press TI pushbuttons as listed in (a) through (d) below:
ENTRY - MOD OUT.
DATA - (+1 V).
(3) Press TI ENTRY MOD FREQ pushbutton and enter DATA modulated
frequency for each row in table 22. Set audio analyzer to measure distortion. Audio
analyzer will indicate within limits listed in table 22.