b. Wrap the barrier filter (white side out) around the inlet screen. Attach the velcro. DO NOT PULL TIGHT.
Stretching the filter will reduce its effectiveness. Place the overlap section of the filter directly over one of the housing
supports. This shall give additional support to the screen because of the lack of air flow where the velcro connects.
Work filter under the fuel lines.
Extreme care must be taken during removal of the barrier wrap filter to prevent trapped
particles from falling into the APU inlet.
c. The barrier wrap filter shall be removed and replaced not to exceed 5 aircraft hours.
d. A daily visual inspection of the APU barrier filter installation is required to ensure that clogging does not occur.
Clogging shall be corrected by filter removal and replacement prior to further flight operations.
10. Special Tools, Jigs, Test Measurement and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE). Not applicable.
11. Quality Assurance Requirements. As applicable.
12. Recording and Reporting of Work Accomplished.
a. Record and Reports Forms. The following forms are applicable and are to be completed in accordance with DA
Pamphlet 738-751, June 1992.
(1) DA Form 2408-5- 1. Equipment Modification Record (Component).
(2) DA Form 2408-13, Aircraft Status Information Record.
(3) DA Form 2480-13-1, Aircraft Inspection and Maintenance Record.
(4) DA Form 2408-13-2, Related Maintenance Actions Record.
(5) DA Form 2408-18, Equipment Inspection List.
b. Marking Equipment. Not applicable.
c. Identification. Not applicable.
13. Points of Contact.
For immediate engineering assistance in complying with this Technical Bulletin, contact Mark Woltjen, ATCOM T-
62T APU Project Engineer, AMSAT-R-EPE, DSN 693-0318 or Commercial (314) 263-0318. For immediate assistance
for recording and reporting information with this Technical Bulletin, contact AMSAT-I-MDO, DSN 693-1955 or
Commercial (314) 263-1955.
14. Reporting of Errors and Recommending Improvements.
You can help improve this manual. If you find any mistakes or if you know of a way to improve the procedures,
please let us know. Mail your letter or DA Form 2028 (Recommended Changes to Publications and Blank Forms) directly
to: Commander, U.S. Army Aviation and Troop Command, ATTN: AMSAT-I-MP, 4300 Goodfellow Boulevard, St. Louis,
MO 63120-1798. A reply will be furnished to you.
15. Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) Number. Not applicable.